Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SOLE REVIEW


Asic Gel Lyte 3 White/White Purple

The Asic Gel Lyte 3 is my latest sneaker purchase.  I have run in many different models of Asic running shoes and also have a few pairs of the Onitsuka style, but this is my first pair of Asic Gel Lyte 3s.  Right off the back they are not the color pattern that I usually buy seeing I am a Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers fan, but I really liked the way this shoe utilized this complimentary color way and I’ve been looking for a way to add a little purple to my shoe game.


The Asic Gel Lyte 3 comes with an extra pair of purple laces which I think is awesome and practical in a sense. It allows you to switch it up from the traditional white lace without having to run all over town looking for purple laces that will match the purple used in the shoe. It would have been nice had they also added a yellow pair (just an idea) to make the shoe even more versatile.  The Asic Gel Lyte 3 has an original 1991 silhouette, with a padded tongue that is split in the middle and collar and leather detailing on nylon mesh. At the toe of the shoe there are 3M reflective patches and on the inside a comfortable gel cushioned EVA foam midsole. My first thought when I laced up these new kicks was how extremely comfortable they are. They are very light and have a good amount of cushioning for people who made need a little more support. I have a bad right knee and a wide flat foot, so the cushion and fit of this shoe felt great. Some may be able to use these shoes as actual training or running shoes, but for my personal collection I added these to my “kick back shoes,” trust me they will get plenty of wear. I will hopefully be adding more of the Asic gel lyte 3 to my shoe repertoire, as well as trying the Asic Gel Lyte 2 and Asic Gel Sagas.
 
 If you are looking for a good pair of running shoes from Asic, I can whole heartedly recommend the Asic Kayano, the Asic Gel Nimbus, and really anything from the Asic 1100 series. The Asic Kayano shoe is good for any runner that may not have the traditional runner’s body, especially if you tend to pronate when you run. The Asic Nimbus gives great cushioning support for a more neutral runner. I actually suppinate when I run so I enjoy the cushioning for my knee. When I do wear my Asics, I like to use the Kayano in the gym and on the treadmill, while choosing the Nimbus when I run or walk outside.  I have run in them for many years and they are very comfortable shoes to train in or just to wear period.  The price range for these shoes is in the upper $100's which is at the higher end of the pricing spectrum, but I’ve always been a firm believer in the sentiment “you get what you pay for.”
You can find any of these models at most local shoe stores and foot wear chains. I like to get my kicks from Finish Line, Foot Locker, NiceKicks.com, SneakerRX, and Academy. If you are a more price conscientious consumer you can find some great deals on eBay. I’ve had success with most of the Asic Kayano and Asic Nimbus styles, but every runner is different. So be sure to try out a few different models and see which best suits you.

Comment below and let us know what you think of the new Asic Gel Lyte 3s and other Asic shoes. 

Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram @solesuccess11

No comments:

Post a Comment